- 4 Woolworths ‘Bake at Home’ Dinner Rolls – Large (They come in 6 packs)
- 1 Small tub tomato paste
- Diced Bacon or ham
- Salami (shaved, sliced into small pieces)
- Mushrooms (Diced, optional)
- Diced capsicum
- (1/4 cup) coarsely grated cheddar (I use more – A common trait with my recipes – MORE CHEESE!!)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Use a small sharp knife; remove the tops from rolls, leaving a 1cm-wide border around the edges being careful as to not cut all the way through. Pull out the inside of the roll, leaving the ‘case’.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Spoon the mixture into the bread rolls. Place on a baking tray.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes at around 180.C or until crisp and golden.
Substituting some of the cheddar/tasty cheese with mozzarella works well.
The quantities above make approx. 4 – 5 rolls. If I have any leftover mixture and not enough rolls (which, by the way, are passable when microwaved to be heated and baked for 10 mins to make slightly the bread a little crispy), I’ve been successful with freezing the mixture.
I’m sure a vegetarian mix would work just as well, let alone any other ‘pizza’ toppings you like.