Chewy Raisin & Oat Biscuits
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup cornflakes
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour (gluten free optional)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 200°C (or180°C fan-forced) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl. Whisk oil, egg and 1/4 cup cold water together in a jug then stir into the dry mixture.
- Using floured hands, roll 2 tablespoons of mixture at a time into balls. Place balls, 3cm apart, on prepared tray. Flatten slightly. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden. Cool on tray. Serve.
- Store biscuits in an airtight container or snap-lock bag at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- I usually bake my cookies a couple of minutes or so short as to what a recipe states so they turn out softer and chewier. The longer they are baked, the crispier they will be.
- There you go – Chewy Raisin & Oat Biscuits!