- About Us
- Contact Us
Fruit and Nut Butterscotch Slice – These delicious butterscotch slices add a fruit ‘n’ nut twist to an old-fashioned favourite, resulting in an irresistibly ‘more-ish’ treat!
For the base:
125g Marie biscuits
For the topping:
¾ cup soft dark brown sugar
2 tbsp plain flour
2 tbsp thickened cream
½ cup of sultanas
150g chopped mixed nuts (eg almonds, walnuts, cashews, etc)
To make the base
1. Finely crush Marie biscuits, either by hand or using a food processor.
2. Melt the butter and add it to the biscuit crumbs along with the egg.
3. Mix until a large ball is formed, then press firmly into a greased dish. Refrigerate.
To make the topping
4. Place sugar and butter in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
5. Remove from heat and stir in the flour and cream.
6. Stir in the nuts and sultanas and reheat until mixture comes to the boil.
7. Pour mixture over base and refrigerate until set. Cut into squares to serve.