Roasted Capsicum and Tomato Soup
- 2 Red capsicums
- 3 Medium ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 Medium onions, sliced
- 3 Medium zucchinis, cut lengthways
- 3 Cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 Tablespoons of fresh basil, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 3½ Cups chicken or vegetable stock
- Sea salt and cracked pepper to taste
- Fresh coriander as garnish
- Set the oven at 200°C.
- In an oven-proof baking dish place the capsicum (skin side up), tomato, onion and zucchini pieces.
- Stir the crushed garlic and basil with the olive oil. Brush this mixture onto the vegetables and place them in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- When the vegetables are cooked allow them to cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove any burnt skin from the capsicum. Blend the vegetables together until smooth. Heat the stock in a saucepan and add the pureed vegetables, stirring till well combined.
- Add salt and cracked pepper to taste. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.