Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 25g Butter
- 1 Clove garlic, crushed
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 3 Skinless chicken fillets, cut into strips
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- 1 Red capsicum, cut into strips
- 1 Green capsicum, cut into strips
- 1/4 Cup plain flour (gluten free works as well)
- 2 Cups Australian milk (lactose free works as well – I haven’t tried alternatives like soy)
- 1/4 Cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 Cups cooked white rice, for serving (see note)
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan (or electric frypan) and sauté the garlic and onion for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken and cook until browned, stir through mustard and add the vegetables.
- Add the flour and cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Add the milk all at once, stirring until thickened.
- Stir through parmesan until melted and serve on white rice.
This recipe works well cooked in an electric frypan also. I’ve only ever used an electric frypan for this recipe.
I’ve tried this recipe with seasoned mashed potato also (mashed potatoes seasoned with Greek, Italian, onion powder (not salt), garlic powder (not salt) seasonings and some cracked black pepper, milk, shaved parmesan cheese and butter. These are my ‘go to’ seasonings, yet any seasoning that suits you will work.