Warning: Spinach, feta and avocado pesto dip is addictive, rich and a little too tasty for its own good.
- 1 bag spinach
- 1 Avocado
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tub (250 mls) cream cheese
- Pine nuts
- ½ lemon, squeezed
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 tsp vegetable stock powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the avocado, cream cheese, feta, Parmesan cheese and cream into a large mixing bowl. Briefly stir together.
- Add the spinach, roughly tearing it with your hands before mixing in. Repeat with the basil.
- Squeeze the lemon juice in and add the garlic, crushed.
- Mix together until it becomes a smooth paste. You may need to stop and stir with a spoon once or twice to reach this consistency though.
- Fry up or roast pine nuts for a few minutes, or until they begin to brown.
- Add them to the mixture, along with the mixed herbs, vegetable stock, salt and pepper.
- Stir until combined. Bamix a little more if necessary.
- Transfer to a smaller bowl for serving
Does make a hefty amount – so feel free to half the ingredient quantities!